You Boys in Green Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland : Away days + France 2016 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to know about Poland? Just ask

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Hi Vogt, my Irish passport expires on the 25th of July,will there be any problem entering Poland on the 7th of June or leaving Poland on the 20th of June? Thanks again!

Is Ireland in the group of EU countries that do not need passports to travel abroad?  The Schengen group its name I guess?  then you can travel on any kind of identity! will check and let you know.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Vojt Vojt wrote:

Hi Vogt, my Irish passport expires on the 25th of July,will there be any problem entering Poland on the 7th of June or leaving Poland on the 20th of June? Thanks again!

Is Ireland in the group of EU countries that do not need passports to travel abroad?  The Schengen group its name I guess?  then you can travel on any kind of identity! will check and let you know.

Ireland is not in the Schengen. 

According to the British FCO you won't need to get a new passport before you go.

Edited by colemanY2K - 06 May 2012 at 8:40pm
@johnnyschwarz06

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvN5CC3_LR4
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:41pm

fished around and fpund this on the UK  F & C Office website:

You must hold a valid passport to enter Poland. For stays of up to three months your passport must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you do not need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this. However, it is always sensible to have a short period of extra validity on your passport in case of any unforeseen delays to your departure. You do not have to wait until your old passport expires to apply to renew it. Any time left on your old passport when you apply will be added to your new passport, up to a maximum of nine months. 

toruntips.com View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toruntips.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:50pm

Like the UK, Ireland is not in the Schengen. Therefore Irish citizens WILL need a valid passport to travel to Poland...
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:35pm
Thanks all for the help!
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:27am

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Ah right, their uniforms would make you think they were army
Jaysus you made me delve into the 'bank' there Vidic as when we landed in Krakow last year we were greeted to 2 absolute stunners in their border patrol uniforms and the legs on them Heart jaysus makes me wish I had caught them on camera Cry

Confirm! Stunners work for POlish Boarder Guards! 

I got searched by one, a few years back, rubbed her hands up and down my legs...very nice Big smile

http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:32am

Just got an idea, adding my post to the "What to do if ... " - left with plenty of time, having a camperhan, and deciding to go to Ukraine ... make a stop over in the Bieszczady Mountains - a place where east-central european culture used to mix, and probably one of the most natural (not touched by human hand) places in Poland, if not in Europe:

Great idea, it's beautiful there.

Solina, a very nice lake there where you can rent boats.

http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
ScotsIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScotsIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:05pm
We flying ito Bydgoszcz and then on to Poznan, where can we pick up a few tents?
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by ScotsIrish ScotsIrish wrote:

We flying ito Bydgoszcz and then on to Poznan, where can we pick up a few tents?

Purchase?  anywhere actually, all supper markets sell them: basic camping stuff, i.e. tents, sleeping bags etc. 
SarahBari View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahBari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:26pm
hey vogt, just wondering about Lake Malta is that the only place to sunbathe and swim in Poznan and do you have to book to go there ? thanks a mil
Standup View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Standup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:26pm
I have booked flights into Katowice, is this journey far from Poznan?? Train looks like 6 hours up......are there sleeper trains that run from here to Poznan. Any advice would be brilliant!!!
berlingo View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 4:16pm
poland girls are hot
curty467 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curty467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:04pm
Are there any 5 a side pitches around Sopot/Gdansk that could be booked one afternoon?
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Standup Standup wrote:

I have booked flights into Katowice, is this journey far from Poznan?? Train looks like 6 hours up......are there sleeper trains that run from here to Poznan. Any advice would be brilliant!!!

unfortunately it is 6 h take a night one with a sleeper at 00:14

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SarahBari SarahBari wrote:

hey vogt, just wondering about Lake Malta is that the only place to sunbathe and swim in Poznan and do you have to book to go there ? thanks a mil

Hi Lake Malt is open public  space - do not have to book, just go there and lie down on grass nad sunbathe .... there a few lake sites in and around Poznan ... would you like to know where? 

tell me ... did you know about this map? 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 3:19pm
How strict are Polish pharmacy's in terms of getting medication over the counter?
For example in Ireland, you need a perscription to get sleeping tablets but in countries like Spain you can get stuff like that over the counter. Would Polish pharmacies be more in line with Spanish ones or similar to Ireland?
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

How strict are Polish pharmacy's in terms of getting medication over the counter?
For example in Ireland, you need a perscription to get sleeping tablets but in countries like Spain you can get stuff like that over the counter. Would Polish pharmacies be more in line with Spanish ones or similar to Ireland?

Difficult to say, probably you can say that to some extend strict too but then you can buy some medication not only at pharmacy's but also in super markets, like pain killers etc. 

Over the counter you can buy sleeping tablets which are herbal products. If I were you I wold simply take a supply of any medication that you need from home and not to rely on local products as they definitely differ. 

CarmenBhoy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarmenBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:17pm
Hi Vojt,

What kind of power outlets are used in Poland? Is it standard European ones and will a standard converter do the job?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 44>
  Share Topic